The Royal Historical Society established Historical Transactions, an open-access online blog in 2018, as part of the commemoration of the Royal Historical Society’s 150th Anniversary,. The aim was to complement our traditional forms of History publication, by publicising the work of the Society and showcasing the research and ideas of our Fellows, Members, and other historians.
Many of our pieces are commissioned by invitation and reflect the ongoing projects and priorities of the RHS. We also encourage submissions for engaging, accessible posts (of c.500-1000 words) that reflect the full diversity of methodological approaches, personal perspectives, time periods and geographical focus within current historical research, teaching and professional practice. If you would like to contribute, please read these guidelines for contributors.
In brief, your piece should:
- be engagingly written for a broad non-expert audience, and free from unnecessary complicated terms and jargon;
- include hyperlinks to websites, open access resources, blogs or academic articles;
- contain around five suggestions for “Further Reading”;
- avoid footnotes wherever possible;
- include 2-3 images that are in the public domain, belong to you or have permission granted for use online.
If you would like to contribute a post to the Historical Transactions blog, please contact us with your idea by filling in the form below and we will get back to you.
If you have any queries you can contact the blog editor on firstname.lastname@example.org.